Outstanding Work for 10.0-RELEASE
- Finish integration of LDNS and Unbound
- Replace BIND tools with LDNS-based or standalone tools
- Remove BIND from base
The following show-stopper issues are being worked on and should be resolved before 10.0-RELEASE:
dialog(1) bug in vendor code should be addressed: see r254961 patch to UPDATING
Resolve any outstanding issues - pls notify sjg@
The following large-scale work is in progress and would like to be completed and shaken out before 10.0-RELEASE:
- iwn(4) improvements from Intel, Sean/Hiren, Cedric GROSS
- Fallout from wpa_supplicant / hostapd upgrade from Rui
- Fallout from if_transmit net80211 work from Adrian
- net80211 802.11n rate control (GSoC 2013 project)
The following are show-stopper issues with the wireless system/drivers that should be resolved before 10.0-RELEASE.
- Fix up the wireless drivers that were affected by the ieee80211_phy.[ch] changes for 802.11n
Fix up any fallout from the final if_start -> if_transmit migration
- Figure out the ageq queue time bugs that lead to panics - it's likely there's some corner case math problems with ticks
- Investigate why the recent wpa/hostap changes have caused regressions with iwn(4) - it doesn't reliably scan and associate when started from rc. It has to be run manually.
- Add in sub device ID decoding to ath(4) to point out the AR9485/AR9462/AR9565 combo NICs that the HAL currently doesn't support (and will just annoy users to find that the NIC probes, attaches, and does nothing.)
- Investigate why the channel scanning frequently stops / crashes and requires a driver reload.
- Commit libnv.
- cap_rights_t overhaul.
- Commit Casper daemon and related libraries.
- Fix capability mode for 32-bit binaries on 64-bit kernels (this currently makes a 32-bit dhclient binary non-functional on a 64-bit kernel).
VT-switching and xorg version switching
The xorg version we ship with packages is terribly old and is getting harder and harder to maintain. It would be very nice to not have to maintain it for another major release, since it is blocking other work, and most importantly it looks bad for the project as a whole when we have so outdated software. In order for the default xorg version to be flipped, we need working VT switching when KMS is in use.
Completion time: October 15, 2013.
Merging the projects/diffused_head branch to head needs to be completed prior to slush.
Commit the Foundation-sponsored new iSCSI initiator and target.
Import superpages support (raj)
Refactor HWPMC for PowerPC
bhyve (neel, grehan)
- Various minor changes to support Linux guests
hyper-v support (grehan)
- Merge 'projects/hyperv' into head