FreeBSD Developer Summit ASLR Session
Friday, September 26, 10:00 - 12:00 session
As part of the September 2014 FreeBSD developer summit,
- Update project status (Shawn Webb)
- Gather blocking items and required tasks (Sean Bruno)
- Open Items with no owners
- Code Review
Shawn began a short presentation on status of code. Phabricator review is at https://reviews.freebsd.org/D473
Submitted EXP-RUN bugzilla request for changes to portmgr. https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=193940
- Des@ voiced desire to have this in base (with secteam hat)
- gnn@ granted access to netperf cluster for testing and performance benchmarks of current patch set
- Shawn explained that his work runs a nightly merge from head to verify no breakage in code.
- emaste@ voiced objections and wanted a reliable way to disable ASLR when using a debugger with a running process
- Shawn is beginning code alterations as per rwatson's objections.
- need direct and concrete feedback from kib@ and alc@ logged in phabricator review
- gnn@ (with core@ hat on) declared that the project does want ASLR feature parity with other operating systems.
- Shawn updated phabricator review with "full context patch" as git diff doesn't do this by default.
- ARMv6 issue noted in fork when child exits, parent will die with the exact same problem in the signal trampoline. This needs to be investigated and may be an indication of more subtle issues.