FreeBSD Hackathon - 3-4 January, 2015
There's a semi-informal-ish hackathon scheduled for the 3rd and 4th of January (Saturday/Sunday), 2015.
Where is it?
It's at the Norse Offices, 1825 South Grant St, San Mateo, CA. From 10:30am to whenever-we-decide-to-wrap-it-up each day.
What's going on?
A bunch of FreeBSD people have some hacking to do.
Tyan released it's POWER8 development/reference platform, and we have one. (http://openpowerfoundation.org/press-releases/tyan-launches-its-openpower-customer-reference-system/). Nathan and Justin plan on bringing FreeBSD-HEAD up on it.
DragonflyBSD runs on the Chromebook C720 and there's now patches against FreeBSD-HEAD to do the same. Adrian and maybe others will bring up FreeBSD-HEAD on the C720 (minus Haswell graphics for now ) and work out the kinks so it can be committed to FreeBSD.
- Adrian may bring FreeBSD-HEAD up on the QCA955x SoC so FreeBSD can run on the newer generation of Atheros based wifi access points.
- Sean Bruno will bring some MIPS hardware along and hack on the FreeBSD/MIPS wifi access point project stuff.
There may be some impromptu Raspberry Pi platform hacking too.
Anyone wishing to actively hack on a FreeBSD project.
- Adrian Chadd (Stuff..)
- Sean Bruno (MIPS/ARM, wifi, package-building)
- Nathan Whitehorn (POWER8)
- Justin Hibbits (POWER8)
- Chris B (Raspberry Pi FreeBSD)
- Craig Rodrigues (Jenkins, automated testing)
- jmg@ (tentative)
- hiren@ (tentative)
- David Discher (FreeBSD on Acer Chromebook C720)
Please let adrian@ know if you're coming and not on this list.
Drinks and chips. We'll do a sandwich order for lunch.
How do I register?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask nicely. It's at his employers offices, so it's not open to the public and you have to ask first before you can participate.