Testing Discussion Topics
- Network Testing
- Warren's Slides on Formal Verification
- Theo's Jenkins Setup
- VM auto deployment
- kernel unit testing
- Testing bits of the kernel in user space
- Rump or something like them
- guidance for testing
- static tooling
- kyua status
Warren presents his slides on their status on their proof based system. He thinks they're 6 person months from booting and running FreeBSD.
Benno describes what he'd like from a testing system including repeatable tests for NICs and drivers.
gnn talks about
And asks folks about a conformance test.
Isilon uses failpoints. Could be integrated with DTrace as they are SDT like macros.
Rump is somewhat invasive and is somewhat built into the kernel.
Rump requirese a set of services to run things in user space. Locking, memory and the like.
Should we look at the DragonFly solution?
Perhaps look at what libuinet has done to abstract out the kernel services?
Other targets might be GEOM and VM.
gnn and brd to chat about the documentation issue.
The Google CLA is an issue for submitting code back to the Google version of Kyua.
Jenkins and Test Automation
- There is also buildbox and go.cd and commercial ones
- Theo explains the Cmabridge version
- Who can add tests?
- complicated user model
- Talks to repo for jobs
- which are tests.
- git or svn OK
- manually maintained list
- go.cd? (alternative)
- There is an internal script language
- Executors are hw resources
- does not understand power of executor
- Best for unit tests?
- FreeBSD issues:
- bad scripts
- too noisy
- collapse steps to build and test ONLY
- Documentation from Cambridge [Theo]
- Debugging defore placing into Jenkins
- Produce a meta example
- Check in to repo
- Groovy is just Java. Scripting in that will
Example test conversion
How to write new Kyua tests