Documentation-specific accessibility wishlist
Items that include both other changes (base system functional changes including manual pages, ports, services, processes) and related documentation changes go in the appropriate other subcategory instead with a note that documentation is involved.
- Make sure all of the manual pages, online and offline documentation, and website are fully accessible. At a minimum, this includes:
- making sure all images are appropriately described in alt text (or in surrounding text if alt text isn't the best option)
- making sure text contrast is high enough to be readable by people with low vision and or color blindness
- making sure all content and functionality are easily usable from the keyboard only or for someone with little fine motor control
Need more description or discussion
- Making sure adequate options for accommodating photophobia exist (needs input from someone familiar with that)