I'm a random software/network/hardware/systems guy who seems to be the WiFi and atheros driver maintainer.
I'm currently working on:
- Getting FreeBSD/mips installing and running well on various Atheros MIPS embedded platforms
- Working on FreeBSD Wifi support for 802.11n Atheros chips
- Hopefully shaping TDMA and 802.11s mesh into shape for 802.11n support
- bsdbox - a busybox style solution for FreeBSD embedded builds
- Working on NetworkRSS - network receive / transmit side scaling and CPU affinity
What I'd like to do for FreeBSD-12:
- NUMA aware malloc/KVA allocation
- NUMA aware vm page metadata layout
- NUMA aware driver / dmamem / dmatag layout
- Per-domain reserved memory/KVA, for large/huge allocations (eg 1G regions set aside for jumbo mbuf clusters, netmap style buffer allocation, third-party / commercial software, VMs, etc.)
- Multiple configurable AIO queue/pools (eg to limit AIO pools to different disk pools)
- Graphical bootloader
- High resolution splash screen support for startup/shutdown
- VESA vt(4) support
- Change the radiotap API to take a radiotap header per packet, so multi-threaded drivers can have overlapping radiotap tx/rx queues without having threads clash
- 802.11ac support
- QCA98xx 11ac chipsets support
- MT76xx 11ac chipset support
- TDMA 11n support, multiple TDMA stations
- RX rate / RSSI histogram
- move ath_rate_sample into net80211
- extend sample rate control to include aggregation length, TX power estimation, knowledge about queue depth and TID/WME parameters (eg knowing what queue a packet is going out on), etc.
- add airtime awareness to net80211
- add airtime scheduling to ath driver/sample rate control.
- make umtx hash size configurable, instead of 512 buckets
- look at why the loader cache wants 128mb ram and make it better autotune
- background scan support without dropping frames
- squish ACK transmission during passive mode operation (before removing passive flag), DFS detection operation
- NAV bug workaround from ath9k
- ToA/ToD positioning information
- IPv6 UDP / RSS (from bz@)
- Teach the network stack about MIPS, etc that have alignment constraints (so it doesn't kernel panic)
- Split RSS platform/netinet support from RSS NIC support
- ethtool for FreeBSD (mostly define API and initial global options)
- NAPI style adaptive polling (for drivers using iflib)
- Import NETLINK or something like NETLINK
AdrianChadd/EmbeddedDevices - A list of embedded devices supported by FreeBS
AdrianChadd/UbiquityRouterstationPro - toying with FreeBSD 9 on the Ubiquity Routerstation Pro
AdrianChadd/TpLink-Wr1043nd - throwing -HEAD onto the TP-Link WR1043nd.
Atheros and Wireless stuff
AdrianChadd/AtherosStuff - Atheros SoC work
dev/ath(4) - Atheros wireless work
dev/ath_hal(4) - Atheros HAL documentation overview
AdrianChadd/AtherosTxAgg - Atheros TX aggregation (and general aggregation support)
WifiTodoStuff - My Wifi TODO list
WifiTxNotes - Notes on the net80211 / ath(4) TX path issues that need to be addressed
AdrianChadd/ProfilingNotes - Profiling notes
AdrianChadd/BsdBox - bsdbox
AdrianChadd/DonorsList - Who has donated stuff to me!
AdrianChadd/EeePc701 - My Adventures making FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE work suitably on the EEEPC 701.
AdrianChadd/Alix2c3 - Shoehorning FreeBSD onto an Alix 2c3.