note: this page is quite stale as of 20120522.
Buy memory for java-stable->pointyhat2
- portmgr agree?
- Find out of ISC tech (Keith Mitchell) can install? Mark emailed him, he is OotO till Monday (2009/06/01)
- Probably ~16 machines (21 Total, 5 going to Sentex for the netperf cluster)
- ~4 go to secteam@ for portsnap/freebsd-update (need to confirm numbers with Simon/Colin)
- 1 for inbound mx
- The rest for the ports cluster
- Motherboard: TYAN-Tempest-i5000VS-S5372
- No Harddrives, need to buy:
- SATA backplane; Cost unknown, might be able to skip the backplane.. need more info about case and onboard controller..
RAID Card? Possibly this: Areca ARC-1200 PCI-Express SATA2 2 port
Cluster machines: ~80GB (i.e. Small) 80GB 7200RPM SATA $32/drive
- Other machines have different needs.. RAID1? SCSI?
- 4GB of RAM (need upgraded to 8GB) 8 slots. 4 of slots free. 4x1GB. DDR2-667, non-ECC
- Quad Core 3.0Ghz
Do they have rails? Yes Confirmed by John Baldwin
- ~18USD/machine for shipping to CA
- brd's $REALJOB will pay for shipping, need to sign up for a UPS account
Need to test and find out of i386 PAE allows large memory disks (I will test ~2009/06/01 when more RAM shows up for a personal server)
- ~5 machines for i386 builds
- ~6 machines for amd64 builds
- Easy to change, just update dhcpd.conf to boot the other image
- Celesticas can go away
- a thunder or two to become tinderboxen