Things I am working on are:
- A working low level USB floppy format function.
instability issues with I/O to USB floppy drives: system hangs when running newfs <USB_FLOPPY_DRIVE>
- Inability to mount root filesystem from a USB HDD under certain circumstances, e.g. other devices need to be plugged in to boot off a USB HDD.
- Various ports are confused between MIT and base system (Heimdal) Kerberos libraries.
ZFS Tuning on small memory hardware. See ZFSTuningGuide.
- Porting AdvFS to FreeBSD
- A number of screen port fix-ups.
- security/krb5 linking issues.
- New ipfilter port
- New xascii port
- New xplaces port
- Extended the life of an old firewall/gateway machine (with six PIC slots, five NIC cards). As IDE drives are difficult to find, replace the drive with a SATA drive attached to SD-SATA2-4IR controller (SIL3124 chipset -- siis(4)). Works well, even boots off it.
Home Page: Komquats