DTrace Hangout 21 July 2016
- We don't install the CDDL headers on FreeBSD but these are needed by the Python. Mark will put up a patch to address this.
- Mark is looking at MFC'ing anonymous tracing to 10
- George will expand all of the storage sizes in DTrace to more reasonable 2016 values. Mark suggests that we add these as sysctls.
- Mark describes the current anonymous tracing stuff for Russ and Samuel who have an application for it.
- Mark brings up the fix for predicates that has now gone into FreeBSD but is not fixed in other repos.
- Turns out that there are no extensions actually added by Apple to DTrace.
- We then discuss the fds support in OS/X. The implementation on OS/X only shows the last part of the path
- There is some sort of binary format in the Apple open source code base.
- Arun has added pretty printing of UUIDs by adding a %U to dtrace_printf(). The next steps are better support for UUIDs and scripting.