DTrace Hangout 29 Sep 2016
There are now two repos containing the Apple open source code. https://github.com/opendtrace/xnu https://github.com/opendtrace/macos-dtrace
- gnn asks about the idea of floating point support in D. This requires floating point in the kernel and support is non-trivial.
- Many of the folks will be at MeetBSD and we plan to meet there.
- Robert and George are working on a DIF document.
- There is still interest on anonymous tracing on 10-STABLE.
- There are questions about how much CTF we ship. Can we decouple the CTF lookup from the binary loading to save some space? Having user space CTF for libraries is adding 100s of megs to the install. One possibility for user space is to use a simpler symbol mapper instead of CTF.