Email: <amdmi3 AT SPAMFREE FreeBSD DOT org>
XMPP/Jabber: <amdmi3 AT SPAMFREE jabber DOT ru>
- PGP Key
Current FreeBSD activities and projects
- I feel myself in charge of games/ category, even ports I don't maintain explicitly
- I try to port every worthy F/OSS game I encounter
Adding CPE info for all ports listed in official CPE dictionary [Done]
Switching to USES=libtool and removing .la files [Mostly done]
Shebang fixing [Mostly done]
- Many ports install files with incorrect shebangs (like #!/usr/bin/perl). Out qa.sh only check specific directories for problems, while I check whole prefix and also fix shebangs in example files, for instance.
Adding license info [Current, lazy]
Adding NO_ARCH [Current, lazy]
Watching pkg-fallout and fixing all problems which show up there [Current]
Conversion to options helpers [Current]
Fixing staging as non-root (mostly implies moving owner/permission handling to plists) [Current]
Other assorted fixes (portlint, @sample etc.) [Current, lazy]
Improving ports arm and mips support (also watching pkg-fallout, fixing where possible) [Current, lazy]
- Nothing specific at the moment
- An utility to preload charset conversion tables into kernel iconv on boot time, so users can mount media (cd9660, msdosfs) with vfs.usermount=1 with charset conversion and not get Permission Denied error.
- Status: Complete.
Improving joystick support on FreeBSD [Needs revision]
Under FreeBSD, joysticks, rudders and other game controllers are supported via joy(4) and uhid(4) devices. Most common libraries to add joystick support to opensource games are SDL, OIS and plib. Unfortunately, OIS port currently doesn't support any joysticks at all, and SDL fails to work with my Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick. So here what I plan to do to improve the situation:
- Write FreeBSD joystick support for OIS from scratch. This should be done with using libusbhid(3) pretty similar way to how it's done in SDL, but I plan to make it in more common and clear way, so even my M$ joystick works.
- Next step is to improve SDL. Still need to speak with SDL guys if they're against complete rewrite, hack is also acceptable.
- Next thing is to check out plib capabilities.
- Another large task it Force Feedback support. Need to read some documentation and docs on how it can be implemented, then add support to OIS (other libs don't support FF AFAIK)
- Status: Discovered what was SDL problem, played with libusbhid a bit.