Homepage of the FreeBSD Erlang Team for Erlang, Elixir, rebar, relx, and related stuff.
You are welcome to join
- Remove deprecated runtimes in 2021Q4
- Remove ports directly dependent on erlang- and elixir- languages
- Update RabbitMQ to the next major release, which requires OTP23 minimum, and introduces support for the JIT
Bump the main lang/erlang runtime to OTP24 because JIT is awesome
- Deprecate library ports
- Generalize the dependency loading mechanism of devel/rebar3 (or even better databases/leofs) and make it available to all ports.
New port: BarrelDB
New port: VerneMQ
Make a separate erlang-epmd port + rc.d daemon to allow ports to rely on a parent epmd daemon starting with reduced privileges PR213001
- Add !OTP24
- Security fixes for rebar
- Add new language runtime for gleam
- More than 40 point release updates in the last quarter alone for the Erlang runtimes
Make Erlang ports buildable from GitHub sources (remove patching and prebuilt tarballs)
Check and commit databases/couchdb2 port PR 218844
Make lang/erlang-doc buildable from GitHub sources (was merged into lang/erlang as it requires a full source build anyway)
Merge Erlang Corba tools into Erlang 21 and 22, as an option.
- Install RabbitMQ code in a separate directory, like CouchDB does.
- Rebar3 insisted on downloading a package index even if all dependencies were already provided. [done, see commit 424103f]