General Information

Devsummit talk schedule

Here is the current schedule. Please add yourself to the list if you are going to present something.

Thursday, November 9th

Time

Presenter

Topic

10:00-12:00

12:00-13:30

Lunch

???

13:30-14:00

Many

General discussion of virtualization (network stack, jail, IPC, etc)

14:00-14:30

PaoloPisati

Libalias work: modules and ipfw in-kernel nat

14:30-15:00

MikeSilbersack

GCC4 SSP, mudflaps, redzones; what do we leave on by default?

15:00-16:00

MarkLinimon

Ports Collection

???

Dinner

???

Friday, November 10th

Time

Presenter

Topic

11:00-12:00

OllivierRobert

VCS discussion

12:00-13:30

Lunch

???

13:30-14:00

MarkLinimon

Bugbusting/PR Database

14:00-14:30

PawelDawidek

ZFS and gjournal

14:30-15:00

RobertWatson

TrustedBSD

15:00-16:00

RobertWatson, et al

Meeting of the network stack cabal

16:00-16:30

PoulHenningKamp

Varnish - optimizing high performance, kernel-intensive applications and FreeBSD

16:30-17:00

PaoloPisati

Interrupt handling: the past, the present and the filters

???

Dinner

???

List of Participants

Here goes the list of participants to the devsummit. Please add yourself to the list if you are going to attend the devsummit. Please indicate which days you can/would attend the summit for, and also if you plan to attend the conference proper.

Developer

Thursday

Friday

EuroBSDCon

Room

Mobile

AlexDupre

no

yes

yes

AndreOppermann

?

?

?

AndrewPantyukhin

yes

yes

yes

AndersNordby

no

yes

yes

BjoernZeeb

yes

yes

yes

BrooksDavis

yes

morning

yes

DagErlingSmørgrav

yes

yes

yes

107

+47 928 35 919

ErwinLansing

yes

yes

yes

FlorentThoumie

yes

yes

yes

GeorgeNevilleNeil

no

yes

yes

GiorgosKeramidas

yes

yes

yes

LarsThegler

yes

yes

yes

MarkLinimon

yes

yes

yes

MatteoRiondato

no

no

yes

MaxLaier

yes

yes

yes

MikeSilbersack

yes

yes

yes

OllivierRobert

no

yes

yes

521

+33 663 78 4510

PaoloPisati

yes

yes

yes

PawelDawidek

yes

yes

yes

PhilipPaeps

yes

yes

yes

PoulHenningKamp

yes

yes

yes

205

+45 58 56 10 59

RemkoLodder

no

yes

yes

RobertWatson

yes

yes

yes

ShteryanaShopova

yes

yes

yes

ThierryThomas

yes

yes

yes

315 (Air Hotel)

+336.76.77.68.84

Sessions

Notes relating to individual meetings and sessions are in this section.

VCS Discussion

In this session, we'll present on and discussion the on-going investigation of VCS choices for FreeBSD. Ollivier will lead presenting on Mercurial; hopefully we can get Nik and CLK there in person to talk about SVN/SVK. The goal of this meeting is not to make a decision, but to give the advocates of particular systems a chance to describe their features and demonstrate workflow.

ZFS and gjournal

Pawel will demonstrate ZFS on FreeBSD, discuss the FreeBSD porting work, and his plans for the future. He will also present on gjournal, a storage framework for supporting block level journaling of file systems (including UFS).

TrustedBSD

Area

Topic

Discussion Leader

Audit

Quick audit tutorial

RobertWatson

Adding audit support to new kernel features

Adding audit support to new applications

Userland audit sweep

Privileges

How to use the priv(9) API

RobertWatson

MAC

mac2 changes

RobertWatson

How to add MAC to new kernel features

Other things to discuss, probably in a working group session rather than presentation session:

Meeting of the Network Stack Cabal

It would be useful to discuss:

Topic

Discussion Leader

Redesign of accept filters to work better with the socket/pcb state machine--one possibility is to move towards a predicate model (suggested by Colin Percival) to address the current locking and recursion issues.

RobertWatson

Recent TCP enhancements (TSO, etc).

10gbps network performance and optimization

SMPng loose ends and remainders

RobertWatson

Remaining non-MPSAFE protocols (IPv6 components, KAME IPSEC, netatm, i4b)

RobertWatson

Remaining non-MPSAFE network interface drivers (Various ISA drivers, USB, firewire, misc.)

Future of IPSEC (KAME and FAST)

GeorgeNevilleNeil

Integration of SCTP

GeorgeNevilleNeil

7.0 bullet point goals (eliminate non-MPSAFE protocols and network interface drivers)

RobertWatson

How do we convince Silby to finish making the tcpsecure changes he's been talking about forever?

Other points for discussion, possibly in smaller working groups:

Ports Collection

Linimon will hold a workshop for discussing where we are and where we are going. Of particular interest are going to be the state of ports on amd64, as that architecture becomes more and more prevalent.

Bugbusting/PR Database

We know that to some extent that people do not work on bugs because of how awkard it is to browse GNATS. Linimon will try to talk about "what are we trying to accomplish", leading towards thinking about "what our ideal system requirements would be".

Aftermath

http://g2.gubkin.ru/main.php?g2_itemId=3772 (unedited)

EuroBSDCon2006DevSummit (last edited 2008-06-17 21:38:02 by localhost)