What the graphics team did every quarter.
This page should summarize the work done by the Graphics team by quarter to help prepare our bit for FreeBSD's Quarterly Status Report.
Each section doesn't need to be overly verbose, the idea is to make it easy to remember which major ports got updated, as well as other things worth mentioning in the report.
2016Q3 (July - September)
2016Q2 (April - June)
- Update Mesa to 11.2.2.
2016Q1 (January - March)
In the kernel:
- Update i915 driver to Linux 3.8, including initial Haswell support.
Updates to ports:
- Update Mesa to 11.1.2.
- Update libclc to 0.2.0.20151006.
- Received 6 proposals for our two GSoC ideas.
- Started to work on the new blog
- FOSDEM 2016
2015Q4 (October - December)
- Update Mesa to 11.0.8.
- Update xorg-server to 1.17.4.
- Update libdrm to 2.4.65.
- Update misc X.org applications and libraries.
2015Q3 (July - September)
- Mesa was updated to 10.6.6, and later updated to 10.6.8. libosmesa was assimulated by the Mesa framework.
- Beignet and Clover (from mesa) where added as OpenCL implementations.
- clinfo was added, as a glxinfo like program but for OpenCL.
- i915 update progress report (builds fine, not tested)