Currently in svn/head:
Kernel compilable as:
- VIMAGE_GLOBALS – no indirections
- default – virtualized variables in global structs
- VIMAGE – virtualization structs dynamically allocated
- Management API merge from p4 vimage branch – will allow for vimages to be created / deleted / ifnets reassigned
- Interim solution only - will be superseded by new jail framework when ready.
- Many subsytems not touched yet but on todo list: SCTP, NFS, pf / ALTQ, dummynet, mroute...
ifnet <-> devfs interaction
- version checking of vnet container layouts at both compile and run / kldload time, without overloading FreeBSD_version, preserving KBI during major releases but without having hands tied for extensions
- virtualization (not only vnet) of PCPU state
- per-vnet vs. global uma zones for various stuff
- mbufs: per-vnet or global pools / accounting etc.
- bailing out of vnet initializations that fail due to resource shortages
- getting rid of kldsym / kmem legacy in network stack
- dealing with TOE NIC hardware
- API for controlling remote vnets