About the Ideapad Y580
IBM Ideapad Y580
- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz"
- Wireless: 'Centrino Wireless-N 2200'
- Graphics: Nvidia Optimus w/ builtin intel
- Bluetooth: Maybe?
- SSD (16GB) and HDD (1TB).
- Since the mouse doesn't register as a synaptic mouse light tapping gets registered as a click making typing difficult.
- sleep key and wireless on/off key do nothing.
- The "Enable/Disable" screen key works as expected.
- suspend/resume functions even from within X (with VT).
- The brightness keys on up and down change the ACPI brightness value. However there is no impact on the screen itself.
- /dev/speaker just does not function at all.
- the boot method must be set to "legacy" in BIOS in order to boot.
- intel_backlight from from intel-gpu-tools works to change the backlight