The FreeBSD Project was pleased to participate in the Google Summer of Code 2021 program.
- March 29 - April 13: Student application period open
- May 17: Successful applications announced
May 17 - June 7: Community bonding starts
- June 7 - August 16: Coding
- June 12 - June 16: Mid-term Evaluations
- August 16 - 23: Students Submit Code and Final Evaluations
August 23 - 30: Final Evaluations: Mentors review student code.
- August 31: Results announced
A more complete calendar (including files that can be imported into your normal calendar) can be found at https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/
FreeBSD maintains a page containing project ideas suitable for Summer of Code at Summer of Code Ideas, and a more generic Ideas page. Students are welcome to take on projects from that page, or produce their own project ideas and plans.
Important email addresses:
FreeBSD Summer of Code administrators <soc DASH admins AT freebsd DOT org>