Hangout 03 May 2018
- rrs@ will provide a fix for a bug in the default stack resulting in data corruption.
jegg broke his locking review into multiple parts. Some committed. (Still awaiting work: D14624 and D14808.)
jtl requests further input on making the default stack buildable as a module. (D11105) He is concerned this will cause pain for downstream consumers and for backporting bugs, but thinks it is the right thing to do. Please review and comment.
- jtl plans to ask once more at BSDCan, and then commit.
bz requests review for D3721.
- thj may review once bz rebases onto current head
- Black-box recorder committed; ports on the way (ETA next week).
- 12.0 planning: what else do we need? Pacing, RACK, BBR
- Pacing in (renamed to HPTS)
- TCPCB reshuffle is in
- RACK is after that
- BBR is after that
- Extended discussion about potential differences between Google BBR, Linux BBR, and FreeBSD BBR. This may be relevant for the academic community.
- BSDCan Dev Summit working group - approved, please register (email jtl)
jtl plans to commit the "progress timer" (D14993) after dealing with review feedback
thj working on adding UDP options (IETF internet-draft). In the course, he found a bug with UDP checksum calculation using the IP length instead of the UDP length. Because of hardware offload, he may need people with multiple cards to test. (UDP checksum review is D15222.)
thj looking at in6_delayed_cksum bug (see message).
- gallatin plans to commit unmapped mbufs by FreeBSD 12 code slush.
- gallatin may(?) commit kernel TLS (outbound only) by 12. Will be limited to platforms with a direct map.