Transport Meeting 04 May 2017
- LLNW is going to stick with CUBIC for now and look at which flows should get BBR
- gnn@ now has the black box code from jtl@ and rrs@
gleb asks that people actually review https://reviews.freebsd.org/D9770
- jtl@ still to verify long fixes are in the Rack code
gnn@ has gotten a session at the DevSummit for the Transport team
tuexen@ wants to finish https://reviews.freebsd.org/D9163]
- jegg@ asks about pmcstat when the system is busy, jtl@ has patches to handle per-thread pmc code
- jtl@ asks rstone@ about increasing HZ to 10KHz. rstone says this "just works"
- kbowling@ says that they have changes for CUBIC which have gone to lstewart@ and will also go to nigel@
- rstone@ ask about exposing sbintime() to user space. This would be used in netstat(1) and some socket options such as RTO_MIN and DELACK. The socket options can take a struct timeval, but there is no reason to NOT expose sbintime() to user space.
- rstone@ asks about higher frequency time stamps for TX pause in TCP. gnn@ and jtl@ suggest a new TCP option to lower granularity. There is no draft for this as yet. Once this is coded we might write our own draft.