Hangout Notes 12 Jan 2017
- hiren@ is trying out RACK + BBR at LLNW. BBR is stablish, has not crashed in the last 24 hours in a lab.
- tuexen@ has updated packetdrill and the test suite. gnn@ has integrated and run those on his own with no negative effects.
- gnn@ has versions of copyoutmbuf() copyoutmubfat() that get all the data from an mbuf chain
- tuexen@ brings up an issue when bind() and connect() are used with IPv4 mapped addresses. The subsequent connect() sends an incorrect packet. Illumos returns an error in this case. MacOS also returns an error in this case. He has a patch but wants to know what the error ought to be. Address family not available seems to be the right answer (rstons@).
This bug https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=212283 deals with the change in byte order done earlier. tuexen@ has a patch that addresses this issue, at least in part.
- Fortville cards have issues with TSO where they cannot handle more than 8 buffers showing up in a single TSO request. The iovec is actually 64. rstone@ has a patch for this but wants to test this to make sure it doesn't effect other cards.
- A thread on flowtable vs. route caching has reared its ugly head. gnn@ commits to removing flowtable from the tree.
- gnn@ points out that we need more slots on the call (10 is the current limit) and will look into a solution to that problem