14 July 2016 Hangout
- The long fixes will be committed after the last few are reviewed by Lawrence
- gnn still needs to get Mike Karels on the call
- Hiren will upload the BSDCan notes
- QLogic fix from rstone
- gnn will look at how CAIDA scrubs pcaps. pcaps will be shared in the Wiki and Bugzilla
- Performance Oriented Congestion Control (PCC) now being looked into by Macy. Lawrence points out that this is only useful for long lived flows. As an idea Lawrence this looks like a good one.
- Another idea is to share the host cache among hosts.
- More work needs to be done to improve the route cache based on the stats.
- We need an overall design for sharing TCP information among several consumers in the kernel.
- ip6_output() always calls the TCP host cache? [Drew points this out] An email will go out to bz@
- rstone and Macy are trying to make tcp_output() not hold the INP lock for as long as we do currently. This effects high performance links, those over 40Gbps with bi-directional data.
- review of integrating EBR for some callout fixes
randall has a patch that reduces locking in the callout system by lining up the TCP code with the callouts https://reviews.freebsd.org/D7136
- bz points out that gleb's latest callout fix is till panicing and may put other TCP callout testing "at risk"