19 May 2016 Hangout
- ifLib is generating noise and fallout, including kernel panics. It is not so broken that it has to be reverted. Scott will go back and take a look at the changes as well.
- Ryan is trying to inline the mbuf allocator. The problem is that this prevents using the uma constructors. Right now he's wrapped the uma_zalloc in an inline function. This is all still a WiP.
- gnn has pushed a TCP test using dummynet into the netperf repo
- With 10% loss on a back to back 10G link things get very bad but we're not sure if it's worse that the theoretically limit.
- Jonathan has sent out an RA test but it needs to be more widely shared.
- Michael pushed up D6452 to change the tun interface MTU and would like more review.
- Hiren has shared a "strange pcap" from 10.2 on the transport@ list and would like others to look it over. One issue is that there seems to be a an artificial limit on the reassembly queue.
- Hiren asks about tools to rewrite the IP addresses. gnn will pass some along.