For git and mercurial archives of several *BSD repositories: http://repos.freebsd.your.org/ (also reachable via git://)
Clang static analyzer runs on FreeBSD's src tree: http://scan.freebsd.your.org/freebsd-head/
Review tool http://reviews.freebsdish.org/r/
UlrichSpoerlein/GitTalkDevSummit - Git primer for FreeBSD devs
(so I don't lose track of them)
- Convert SVN to git, including all branches. This is simply for convenience and not meant as replacement
easily done for the head branch using git-svn, which can be used to push commits back to svn (431MB repo size)
done for the main branches (head, stable, releng, release) using git-svn (478MB repo size)
done for all branches (incl. vendor, user, projects, cvs2svn) using svn2git, but has some conversion bugs (510MB repo size)
for reference, the svn sizes are: repository 4419MB, head checkout 1195MB
- git-svn breaks for vendor branches, there's active work from the community on alternatives
- Convert CVS to git (because we can)
done using corecode's fromcvs, ports.git repo size is 375MB, clone size 822MB (CVS repo 1519MB, checkout 685MB)
- Write git workflow/conversion wiki article for FreeBSD (though the web has plenty generic guides)
- general WARNS cleanup in our source tree
sync games/ to other BSDs (see my work for DragonflyBSD)
- further toy with clang and its static analyzer
- man-page audit, make sure there's a manpage to all binaries, configs, KLDs
mandoc branch with mdocml and mdoc(7) fixes
remove size constraint from diskinfo -t, I want to benchmark my thumbdrives!
- branch for gcc45 to at least make src compile with it, perhaps integrate it?
- most problematic are build breakages due to stricter type punning checks
- produce diff of stock 4.2.1 vs FreeBSD flavor for forward-porting
Test installation of Redmine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redmine
- Import GNATS database
- Import wiki site
- Connect to SVN and CVS repos
- Authentication against NIS instead of LDAP?
Investigate Rietveld at http://codereview.appspot.com as Google-style code review tool, could also run own instance.
git grep -E 'FreeBSD_(version|_) [=<>]* '
- git grep -E "spl(bio|clock|high|imp|net|softclock|softtty|statclock|tty|0|x)\("
- 'alpha' in src ~500 occurrences left
- 'alpha' in ports ~400 occurrences left
(perhaps someone else gets to them before I do)
pax(1) based on libarchive
- unrar mode for libarchive
convert calendar database to UTF-8 and convert to target locale using bsdiconv (when ready)