bhyve validation tool
The goal of BVT is to provide a semi-automated framework for finding regressions in bhyve
It is a way to validate MFCd changes from HEAD to 10-stable.
- Boot a series of pre-created virtual machine images
- Each of these images is configured to do a number of tasks (start a web server that serves a file, run some basic tests of memory, cpu, and disk)
- After a reasonable wait period, bvt checks to see if these tasks were completed
- Calculate the results, all tests should pass (maybe we need a test that always fails to validate the results?)
- Find breakages, 'changeset rXXXXXX breaks booting CentOS 6.5 under bhyve', 'changeset rXXXXXX segfaults when you try to write to the disk'
- Speed up the process of validating changes to HEAD so they can be merged to 10-STABLE sooner