Hangout Notes 23 June 2016
- The 11 tree is frozen so not much new going.
- George will commit dsiftr.d after the freeze. This does what SIFTR does but using only TCP probe points.
- Robert has written a DTrace audit provider which is now being tested. Can turn on audit instrumentation in the kernel and then collect the data via probes at a later point. There are two types of probes one of which collect BSM audit data and one which collects raw data. Likely to go up for review in a month. Does not use SDT probes, but is a full, new provider.
- Graeme has a bug fix for DTrace because va_args is not used by Solaris in a portable way.
- Andrew Scull has finished his Masters project on DTrace using Gem5. This can be shared once it is published. Concluded that DTrace variables are really slow. Associative arrays are particularly slow. A simpler atomic based implementation is much faster an works well on something like 32 cores.
- Mark has been working on using DTrace on kernel dumps.
- George now has a torture test for pushing DTrace performance. He will share this with others.