295.49 seems to work okay, so drop the nvidia-driver warning. Change the viadrm warning.
this page is stale.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
Direct Rendering on FreeBSD
FreeBSD currently supports the following DRM/DRI devices in its base system with the x11/xorg meta-port:
- Intel i915 (i830 through G45) (i915drm)
- Intel Ironlake and later supported with KMS patchset on 9.x and CURRENT with WITH_NEW_XORG and WITH_KMS set in your environment.
- ATI Mach 64 (mach64drm)
- Matrox G200-G550 AGP (mgadrm)
- ATI Rage 128 (r128drm)
- ATI Radeon through X1950 and pre-HD IGP parts (radeondrm)
- ATi Radeon HD2350 through HD4890 - see the notes for details (radeondrm)
- NVidia cards with the nvidia-driver binary driver port (x11/nvidia-driver)
- S3 Savage through Pro Savage (savagedrm)
- SiS 300-series (300/305, 315, 540, 630, 661, 730) (sisdrm)
- 3dfx Voodoo Banshee through Voodoo5 (tdfxdrm)
Via Unichrome (viadrm) not <9.0-RELEASE
This information is badly out of date at present. This page will be updated with information regarding the new structure of the xorg port in the coming days as I test the various combinations of driver and card.
The Openchrome driver exists in ports as x11-drivers/xf86-video-openchrome and is installed by default with the xorg-drivers metaport due to the retirement of the via(4x) driver. 9-CURRENT has Openchrome kernel DRM. There are blocking issues with nouveau and openchrome which preclude MFC at present.
There is support for almost complete R6/700 3D hardware acceleration in 8.x, 9.x and CURRENT. There is currently no DRI support for Evergreen based cards (HD5xxx) or Northern Islands (HD6xxx) although 2D DDX support exists in xf86-video-ati.
There are also ongoing efforts to port Nouveau, an attempt to reverse engineer the binary nVidia drivers and create a free, open nVidia driver, based on the obfuscated nv(4x) driver. Unfortunately, Nouveau is a casualty of the new xorg port update. The WITHOUT_NOUVEAU knob no longer has any effect.