Ports committer, bugmeister member, former portmgr member, former chief wrangler of package building machines.
Tier-2 porting work, primarily powerpc64.
Bringing portsmon back to life.
Working on updating the wiki via /WikiGoals.
Keeping an eye on spin.
- Trying to decrease the number of ports PRs in the PR database.
- Trying to decrease the number of broken ports overall, either by fixing them, encouraging others to fix them, or applying the Grim Reaper to ones that have outlived their usefulness.
- Working on ports meta-issues such as infrastructure improvements.
Making updates to the PortersHandbook to make it much more accurate and complete.
- Coming up with some kind of more useful idea about browsing and searching ports that the tools that we have right now, which I consider primitive.
- Suggesting minor changes to the FreeBSD web site to push some links down one page to reduce clutter while at the same time bringing important links up one page.
- Suggesting other changes to make FreeBSD more easily installable and maintainable, as I find them.
- Trying to improve FreeBSD's image outside of its own community, and trying to expand that community.
- For someone to create a marketplace where users willing to pay for feature developments or updates could be matched with developers willing to perform work to be released under the FreeBSD License.