SV stuff to be committed to FreeBSD
Revisit these as we port to 8.1.
Softclock backlog printout after panic
Interfaces for querying the state of an if_bridge interface’s MAC learning table.
vlan routing socket notification
Notify the routing socket if the configuration of a vlan interface changes.
Change RED_SCALE from 16 to 12. RED_SCALE is a scaling parameter that's used in dummynet's implementation of the RED algorithm.
Add IFAN_RENAME define for interface renames. In discussion with brooks@ (the original author of interface rename support in FreeBSD) this is the approach we'll take upstream, but probably with a backwards compatibility mode there.
Merge the change for printing out how much size has been used by the bigswap process, but adjusting the format strings.
Merge the consmute disabling bits. Modify the function in order to strengthen the protection level and just allow for disabling it rather than setting to random value, using explicit interface cnconsmuteoff().
Misc from Mark J
- - We've made a number of changes to libfetch, and I've found that they've been submitted as PRs, albeit quite some time ago.
Specifically, pr127280, pr83277 and my patch, which hasn't been added to our tree yet: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2010-October/020694.html
- - A one line change that we've already discussed. I've backed it out from our tree as it's no longer needed, but I'll post on freebsd-hackers about it sometime soon.
- Get the size of the defect list before allocating any memory for it. I posted this as a patch to freebsd-scsi this morning: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-scsi/2010-October/004579.html
- - Close the cached FTP connection that's held open by libfetch. My libfetch patch posted above includes a patch for this.
- Add a new function that allows one to append to an existing capture file. Submitted to the sourceforge patch list for libpcap: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3086711&group_id=53067&atid=469579
- - fdisk is currently using a signed int to hold slice sizes, which is incorrect. I'll submit a PR for this - I don't think posting to a mailing list is necessary.
- We use to expose some if_em registers
- em(4) rxd / txd tunables
- don't recall exactly what this was
- maybe just need to contribute something from $WORKBSD
- descriptor ring sizes?
- Read-only .text section