Email: <sathya AT SPAMFREE freebsd DOT org>
Developing BSD licensed tools for importing, exporting from/to Linux audit log format and BSM. Mentor: StaceySon.
Primary Objectives: log2bsm
- Implement Linux Audit format to BSM converter
- Implement NT Audit format to BSM converter
Secondary Objectives: bsm2log
- Convert BSM log format to Linux and NT
Until May 25th
- Read from mentor's "reading list"-- read man style, man libbsm, play with audit_control and look at praudit and friends' code.
Complete investigation on Linux' Audit Format as documented at http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/audit-parse.txt and preparing XSLT for both the BSM and Linux formats. Finalize the Design.
- Complete implementing log2bsm' "-t linux" switch for converting linux format to bsm. Lint + Test (and Debug) the code to verify its correctness.
- Investigation on NT Audit log format. Midterm Evaluations.
- Complete implementing log2bsm' "-t nt" switch for converting nt format to bsm. Prepare a Manual page for log2bsm.
- Preparing back converters, i.e bsm to other formats if time permits or other work required to satisfactorily complete my primary objectives.