If you are in trouble with preparing your slides, you could use the template attached to the page. It contains a LaTeX source file that you can modify to create FreeBSD-themes slides. It uses the Beamer class which is an easy-to-use extension to LaTeX for making presentations. You can easily install it by the following command (as root):
# pkg install texlive-texmf
This will install Beamer and pdfLaTeX that can be used for compiling the sources to produce the desired PDF file.
$ pdflatex my-presentation.latex
LibreOffice / OpenOffice Templates
A few suggestions ..
A few rule-of-thumbs when creating slides:
- Try to make things legible, use large fonts.
- Have title and closing.
- Use less text, you do not have to include everything on the slides. (Prepare and) Do a demonstration if needed.
- You have only a limited amount of time, having only 1 slide per minute (in addition to title and closing) is usually fine.
- Sometimes images can tell more than pure text.
- Discussions and meetings are the place where you might want to talk about the details.