Student: Edward Huang (<qhua948 AT auckland DOT ac DOT nz>)
Mentor: Jean-Sébastien Pédron (<dumbbell AT FreeBsd DOT org>)
Libdevq was written initially to tackle the problem with the implementation of Mesa, as Mesa depends on udev libraries for some features which are only found on GNU/Linux systems.
This project aims to rethink and redesign libdevq. With greater portability and better APIs, and if possible, to make devlibq a viable substitute for libudev on *BSD systems.
Implementation new features:
- To enumerate devices (video, input, storage, etc.);
- To query devices to obtain information;
- To be able to attach global and per-user properties to devices;
- A udev wrapper on top of this library.
- May 25: Start of coding
- June 26-July 3: Mid-term Evaluations
- August 17: End of coding (soft)
- August 21 19:00 UTC: End of coding (hard)