Hangout 02 June 2016
- Remaining known issues in ifLib have been addressed. At the moment only two drivers use the ifLib interface, both are Intel.
QLogic is being strongly encouraged to switch to this for their new driver code.
gnn asks about https://reviews.freebsd.org/D6262 which is under review. This leads to a discussion about removing FLOWTABLE from the kernel, but it is known to be used by several companies.
- Rack is nearly done but needs to have pacing code which rrs is working at the moment. It will work but it needs fixes to tail loss probes. hiren has some patches and is trying to set up some tests.
- Michael will be working on a packetdrill based TCP test suite.
- Drew asked about the LRO review. gnn says he'll update it with a positive review.
- hps asks about single streams above 30Gbps. rrs mentions needing to blow out the socket sizes and sysctls.
hps asks a review on https://reviews.freebsd.org/D4605