Hangout 11 Jan 2018
- jtl@ will be pushing Black Box into HEAD in the next three weeks in advance of Rack and BBR arriving
- rrs@ will push Rack into the HEAD of the tree following the work on Black Box
- We will then update the default stack to a new name, not default, and then update the default shipping stack.
- The risk of going to something like Rack is the overhead from the pacer so that will be off by default in HEAD.
- bz@ asks that the cache line optimizations go in as separate commits
- pkelsy@ will split up the review of Fast Open on the client side
- tuexen@ says he has an issue with the patches and packetdrill tests and will pass this information along to pkelsey@
- a discussion arises on whether or not to have the sysctl for controlling fast open. The RFC requires this option.
- Until 12.0 the Fast Open code will under a kernel config option