Attendees: rrs@, rscheff@, tuexen@
- tuexen@ discussed how to mitigate blackhole detection problems
tuexen@ has a review to ensure we don't do blackhole detection once we are at the minimum value D24308; committed
- Discussion on what should trigger blackhole detection -- full size? Or, even smaller messages which are above our min MTU? For at least IPv6, min MTU makes sense.
- Otherwise, tuexen@'s plan remains unchanged.
- BBR and RACK needs some modifcation
Discussion of D24237: rscheff@ changed both the in-order and out-of-order data path so we call sorwakeup_locked() [when necessary] after the SACK blocks are updated. Still ongoing. rrs@ reviewed. Discussion continues. rrs@ accepted.
- Can the TCP_STATS framework be turned on and sample no connections? Yes. thj@ will do.
D18892: PRR, rrs@ will review.
D18985: Upcoming: Rescue retransmission
D21117: Upcoming: Reduce counter space
D6611, D6612, D6656: Get gallatin@ involved. What needs to be done to also support IPv6? Can't we use some unused MPROTO flag?
D8253: rscheff@ will look into it. Partially covered in D26808.
D10894: possibly use hystart++ instead. rrs@ will look into this later this year.
D26807: Refactoring. accepted.
D26808: Cubic RTO reaction. accepted.
D26897: Update iotctl() for TCP to not access socket buffers on listeners. Also report an error?
The current TCP stack is not compliant with RFC7323 when handling segments without timestamps when support has been negotiated or vice versa. Reported in PR 250499. tuexen@ will put up a fix to improve the compliance.
Next meeting: 5 November @ 1400 UTC