Attendees: rscheff@, thj@, tuexen@
- tuexen discussed how to mitigate blackhole detection problems
tuexen@ has a review to ensure we don't do blackhole detection once we are at the minimum value D24308; committed
- Discussion on what should trigger blackhole detection -- full size? Or, even smaller messages which are above our min MTU? For at least IPv6, min MTU makes sense.
- Otherwise, tuexen@'s plan remains unchanged.
- BBR and RACK needs some modifcation
Discussion of D24237: rscheff@ changed both the in-order and out-of-order data path so we call sorwakeup_locked() [when necessary] after the SACK blocks are updated. Still ongoing. rrs@ reviewed.
- Can the TCP_STATS framework be turned on and sample no connections? Yes. thj@ will do.
D18892: Upcoming: PRR
D18985: Upcoming: Rescue retransmission
D21117: Upcoming: Reduce counter space
D22438: Upcoming: Performance improvement for after idle
D6611, D6612, D6656: Get gallatin@ involved. What needs to be done to also support IPv6?
D8253: rscheff@ will look into it.
D10894: possibly use hystart++ instead. rrs@ will look into this later this year.
- Should TCP Fast Open support sending of SYN segments with data and the FIN bit set? Doesn't seem to be a high priority.
Next meeting: 10 September @ 1400 UTC