Meeting 28 April 2016
Mark Johnston, Shrikanth Kamath, Erin MacNeil, George Neville-Neil
- DTrace man pages don't show up in the on-line version
- George mentions the new random() function that's not yet shared outside CADETS.
- Enabling the destructive action using a copyout may or may not work.
- Static functions are not showing their arguments properly. Mark says that this may be compiler related.
- Tracing a 32 bit application on a 64 bit system causes the application to crash. Mark says he knows about this and will try to track it down before 11.0
- * Add a bsd::
- provider and move mbuf under that.
- We discussed the performance of aggregators but it seems that there isn't much to do immediately about that.
- Mark has measured his new SDT patch and it improves performance by 2% which matters because turning on KDTRACE does impact performance by about 2%. He will work to get this in soon.
- Mark has been looking at the conversion of CTF tools from Joyent which can deal with CTF and DWARF more naturally.
- Bryan Cantril has announced (on Twitter) a DTraceConf on May 25 but there are as yet no details.