Hewlett-Packard EliteBook 8570p
- Intel Core i5 3360M clocked at 2.80 GHz (cores: 2 physical, 4 logical)
- Processor socket: 988B rPGA
- Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 17A7 KBC version 42.32
- BIOS: 68ICF Ver. F.40 1/30/2013
- Chipset: Intel Northbridge Ivy Bridge or Southbridge QM77
- Memory: 8 GB (16 GB maximum), DDR3
- Graphics: AMD 'Thames' Radeon HD 7570M
- Display: 15.3" (34 cm × 19 cm) 16:9 generic PnP monitor, maximum resolution 1600 × 900
- Hard drive: HGSTHTS725050A7E630 from 465.76 GB SATA II
- CD-ROM: HP DVDRAM GT80N
Network: Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit em0
Wireless: Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205 (Taylor Peak) iwn0
Bluetooth: <Broadcom Corp BCM20702A0, rev 2.00/1.12, addr 3> ubt0
QuickSpecs (DA - 14304 Worldwide — Version 16 — June 6, 2013) for HP EliteBook 8470p and HP EliteBook 8570p:
- Suspend works, but resumes with a black screen.
Suspend with FreeBSD-CURRENT
July 2017 r320869
FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #0 r320869: Mon Jul 10 13:57:55 UTC 2017 email@example.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
When suspend works:
- resume always, or nearly always, succeeds.
Some failures to suspend may be networking-related. As far as I can tell:
- successful suspend is always preceded by a brief change from blue, to amber, of the wireless on/off button.
If the notebook is docked, and using the dock's connection to a wired network, then it may help to stop em0 before attempting to suspend. For example, whilst docked:
# service netif stop em0 && route flush && service netif restart wlan0 && resolvconf -u && service routing restart
Also: if either of the dock's DisplayPort connections is in use, then it may help to cease using the screen (e.g. System Settings ▸ Display and Monitor (KDE Plasma 5)) before attempting to suspend.
May 2018 r333193
FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #0 r333193: Thu May 3 10:59:06 BST 2018 root@momh167-gjp4-hpelitebook8570p-freebsd:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC
Suspend always works (hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S3) – rhythmic flashing of an LED – but resume always fails. If the power button is pressed, whilst the machine sleeps, there's nothing on screen and the machine reboots.