|/IPFWknockdHOWTO /InstallEnvironment /JailsEpair /LegacyZFSandGELI /UEFIandZFSandGELIbyHAND /UEFIandZFSandGELIbyHAND12 /ZFSandGELIbyHAND|
I attempt little and accomplish still less with great success.
- I have NEVER committed a code change to any free software project (including FreeBSD) as a result of being contacted or forced by a government organisation;
- I have NEVER received a warrant from any government organisation;
- I have NEVER received a gag order;
- I have NEVER received a National Security letter.
- listing of vps hosts - coming
Other FreeBSD projects/goals (or) why we can't have nice things
- at(1) correct "+ 1 minute"
- modularize Jails configs
Document SuperMicro secondary GPT mishandling on some hardware
- ...and firmware upgrades via FreeDOS, if possible
- see about getting more things linked into writeable /tmp in the live environment
- in doing so, we can do things like set a root password and launch sshd to ease remote installs
- sshd_config, passwd, master.passwd, what else?
- Document running Poudriere in jails.
- Document T420 setup notes
- Correct DRM, kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=6, synaptics, sound, etc.
- kld_list acpi_ibm, coretemp, i915kms, what else?
- Current hurdles:
maybe figure out why Linux can run xbacklight with an X tweak, while we need intel_backlight
- this last is largely obviated by backlight(8) as of FreeBSD 13
- Thinkpad charge thresholds
- Speaker selection for videochat
- Sound loopback to work with, e.g., v4l-via-webcamd
- odd issues with barrier(1) not passing keystrokes without a fresh connection
NOAUTO regression - see BZ#256767
- Understand/document usbhid handling and set-up for (e.g.) Logitech Illuminated Keyboard.
barrier(1) keyboard mapping snafu
- History: autogenerated options from GUI worked fine on Debian, but not FreeBSD.
Removing all options yielded a working config - see the Barrier config wiki
- system beep control - sleep/wake and xset b, etc.
- I like the backlight(8) approach
- submit patch for better hostname explanatory text in installer (id est, encourage FQDN)
- Things I want that GNU/Linux does (although "is it POSIX?" is a useful question to apply to some):
- dmesg(8) -w and -T
- date(1) -d
- ability to control characteristics of system beep, both via xset b and without X - e.g., beeo on acpi events
- automatic detection of filesystem types when trying to mount them
- automatic use of fstyp(8)
- show NFS protocol version
- Libera IRC: mason