I'd like to improve the way FreeBSD is developed and maintained. This wiki page is a scratch pad I use to take notes. I'll try to add more details in the future.
Examples of issues, which are the result of not having workflows:
- Solution: a request to check if the patches are still needed.
- Solution: a check making sure that the service script is using this feature of the rc framework. The check should be possible to disable.
Examples of why we might want to be able to set up workflows for to-be-created features:
- Pre- or post-commit hooks:
Needs documenting: yes|no
- Trigger, which checks if a manual page is changed if a source file is changed.
A new makefile variable: POINTS_TO= wiki.freebsd.org/Ports/category/portname
- The release engineering team has a list of undocumented features before a release