How You Can Help
If You Are A FreeBSD Committer
We need help in getting PRs committed. While we are still working on a way to best analyze and identify PRs which we believe contain valid fixes to problems, you may want to start with:
(on freefall) ~gnats/tools/show-random-pr: show a random PR for <tag> and <category> (defaults: 'patch'/'kern')
- (on freefall) ~gnats/tools/show-random-unsassigned-pr
More ideas are listed under 'Web Resources' in BugBusting/Resources.
If You Are Not A FreeBSD Committer
You will probably want to read the following, if you have not already:
The Writing FreeBSD Problem Reports article
The Problem Report Handling Guidelines article (for FreeBSD contributors with access to GNATS)
If you would like, see our sign-up list, and join us on IRC on #freebsd-bugbusters on EFNet.
We especially need help on:
- categorizing and analyzing PRs as they come in
- working with users to ensure we have enough information about their problem (e.g., for kernel panics, we will need stack traces)
- looking at the existing PRs to flag ones that are ready for committer evaluation
- going through the backlog to find out if older problems are fixed in newer releases (specifically, for booting and panic types of problems)