HP Spectre x360 13-ap0053dx
May also be referred to as a 13-p0043dx and 13-ap0043dx on mailing lists, both are typos.
- Year introduced: 2018
CPU: Intel WhiskeyLake Core i7-8565U 1.8GHz (4.6GHz Turbo)
- Ethernet: None
- Graphics: Intel UHD 620 (supported by graphics/drm-devel-kmod port)
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 (Soldiered)
- Screen: 13.3" 4K 3840x2160 IPS Touchscreen
- Storage: 512GB Intel HBRPEKNX0202AH NVMe SSD
- Wireless: Intel Wireless AC-9560
2. Support overview
The hardware generation is the same as the 7th Generation Thinkpad_X1_Carbon. However, I don't have access to a X1C7, and the Spectre forces S0ix suspend/resume. I don't suspend/resume.
The webcam privacy switch works out of the box. Unlike ThinkPads, no kernel modules/sysctls needed.
Backlight works with the hotkeys (at least on GNOME and KDE) and acpi_video. intel-backlight doesn't work.
- You need to run 12.2 or newer. 11.x and 12.1-RELEASE aren't supported.
Like the HP_EliteBook_1040_G3, this laptop has HID-over-I2C. However, unlike the said EliteBook (and like the X1C7), this Spectre has no PS/2 fallback. You will need sysutils/iichid.
- If you want to use this laptop (especially if you go 4K), GNOME and KDE are good options. Xfce and LxQT felt sluggish.
- FHD may be a better option if you prefer something "lightweight" like say i3, but I have not tried this
DO NOT USE powerd otherwise the fans will run at full speed and the laptop runs hot
 - I did get a non-X1 WhiskeyLake ThinkPad from $DAYJOB. One that's heavily locked down BIOS/OS wise, and barely used (a PAW, not my main work laptop), so I can't boot from USB. I do not want a ThinkPad for myself.