Desktop Integration in FreeBSD
This project aims to assist porters and desktop integrators on methods of unifying and improving the desktop experience in FreeBSD.
Related Handbook Chapters
Related Wiki Pages
- Develop unified port scheme to flag or include XDG meta-data, such as desktop icons, menu icons, mime-types
- bsd.port.mk already has a DESKTOP_ENTRIES macro. For creating .desktop files for ports that don't ship with them. No translation though if we want that.
- Begin marking port "types" in each port, such as "Application,Library,Data"
FreeBSD Base Improvements
Items and projects needing to be addressed on FreeBSD to improve the desktop experience
- Animated / interactive boot-splash screen
- Switch to flip webcam video vertically
- Improved audio daemon to better work with Pulse / ALSA and such?