Desktop Integration in FreeBSD
This project aims to assist porters and desktop integrators on methods of unifying and improving the desktop experience in Free/PC-BSD.
* Develop unified port scheme to flag or include XDG meta-data, such as desktop icons, menu icons, mime-types
- bsd.port.mk already has a DESKTOP_ENTRIES macro. For creating .desktop files for ports that don't ship with them. No translation though if we want that.
* Begin marking port "types" in each port, such as "Application,Library,Data"
FreeBSD Base Improvements
Items and projects needing to be addressed on FreeBSD to improve the desktop experience
* Animated / interactive boot-splash screen
* Switch to flip webcam video vertically
* Improved audio daemon to better work with Pulse / Alsa and such?