Dell Vostro 1014
CPU: Intel Core2Duo T6570 2.10GHz
- Screen: 14.0" WLED 1366x768 (glossy)
- Memory size: 2G DDR2 800MHz (2 slots)
- Video: Intel GMA 4500MHD (GM45)
- South Bridge: Intel ICH9M
Sound: Conexant CX20583-10Z (supported by snd_hda(4))
Ethernet: RealTek RTL8111/8168B PCIe Gigabit (supported by re(4))
WiFi: Atheros AR9285 (supported by ath(4))
Firewire: Ricoh R5C832 (supported, but not tested)
Card reader: Ricoh R5U2xx (supported by sdhci(4))
- ExpressCard/34 (not tested due to lack of compatible hardware)
I didn't test X.org, just booted FreeBSD-10.1-PRERELEASE-amd64-20140907-r271243-memstick.img.xz and played a bit in LiveCD mode; it suspended and resumed correctly (screen and keyboard remained functional).
Ethernet, WiFi, sound playback (was not able to test recording), card reader (tried several SD and MMC cards) all work fine out of the box. Despite its ugliness, this laptop looks quite FreeBSD-friendly overall.