The FreeBSD Project was pleased to participate in the Google Summer of Code 2020 program.
March 16 - March 31: Student application period open
May 4, 2020: Successful applications announced
May 4 - June 1: Community bonding starts
- June 1 - August 24: Coding
- June 29 - July 3: Mid-term Evaluations #1
- July 27 - 31: Mid-term Evaluations #2
- August 24 - 31: Students Submit Code and Final Evaluations
August 31 - September 7: Final Evaluations: Mentors review student code.
- September 8: Results announced
A more complete calendar (including files that can be imported into your normal calendar) can be found at https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/
FreeBSD maintains a page containing project ideas suitable for Summer of Code at Summer of Code Ideas, and a more generic Ideas page. Students are welcome to take on projects from that page, or produce their own project ideas and plans.
Important email addresses:
FreeBSD Summer of Code administrators <soc DASH admins AT freebsd DOT org>